My dragon is finally finished. This project has been a ‘learning process ‘! His back legs are facing the wrong way , next time I must label those legs. This then lead to a body shapes not fitting together problem. Then I ran out of yarn on the wings ( the yarn came from Mums stash, she won it some time ago) so I used some pink on the underside ( not that you can see it), he should also have a line of scales down his back. I decided to stop here ( as I tell the kids at school, it was time to put the spade down, & stand back from the hole, before it got any deeper), I think he looks good.
The pattern is from Heidi Bears ( it started life as) smaug the African flower dragon, I purchased it from etsy. Would I make another yes. The patter is great with lots of photos, perhaps I should have started with an easier one. She does ask that you keep to the pattern however, mine took on a life of its own !