This time I have actually managed some back stitching
Finished all 3 birdies, they will be hung on my little tree later today
Have any of you played this game
We got it as a quick game to play over Christmas, it’s really good. You have a currency of buttons & you buy patches as you go, to place on your quilt board. All the patches are different sizes, you can only buy any of the next 3 patches in front of the marker ( if you have enough buttons) you get extra button income from the buttons on your quilt patches. It get interesting when you start to become unable to fit patches on the board ( especially if you have a tactical opponent such as my husband)
If you would like to see what the rest of the group are up to & stitching, please follow the links below.
Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, , Kate, Jess, Sue, Constanze, Debbierose, Christina, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Helen, Steph, Linda, Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Hayley, Megan, Catherine, Deborah, Connie, Clare
If you would like to join the group please contact Avis
The front is finished, I really enjoyed this, it’s quite textured. I designed my own back.
I now need to find time to make the scissor keeper, I’m thinking about adding a ribbon, to truly keep both together, after all I really need to make sure my special gold work scissors stay for gold work.
This year we decided on a pre lit pop up tree. I added some extra ribbon (like the more expensive version) but it still lacked some thing. I have been looking at the twelve days of Christmas felt decorations by Larissa Holland on Etsy & brought the pack of the first 3 ( this years offerings)
Partridge & pear (tree) are finished.
On to those lady birds now. I think I have tracked down some crochet cotton in silver that is almost the same thickness & shade.
I have a new project to practice my embroidery stitches on. I’ve chosen pink, mauve & yellow to work in. If it works out well I might make it into a cushion for our granddaughter ( hence the pink)
Here’s my progress
I’m attempting to practice covering up all those black lines & getting smooth edges.
It’s quite a fun design, isn’t it.
Done a bit more to the cushion cover. I still need to track down some silver thread, that I’m rapidly running out of.
It is finally finished & mounted. I just have the paper work & a label to make for the back. Then in for assessment at the royal School of needlework.