After 2 & a bit years I finished stitching Luna this morning 🤗. It’s been a long journey & there have been times, I’ve nearly given up, worked on other modules, I’m so happy the stitching is complete. I now have to mount her, get my paper work done & get her in for the summer assessment period.
Last week was a long week, I tested positive for Covid 😤 , today I’m negative 🥳, all except for a cough 😕. So other than a bit of crocheting & hand quilting very little got done. This morning, feeling much better I finished the layers of felt padding. I have the string padding for the next stage.
All the flowers are done. I really enjoyed this piece. It will be mounted ready for framing at some point.
Tiny poppies have been added to the corn field along with foxgloves & ragged robin.
Daisies & more poppies to follow. Better keep sewing 🪡
Getting started on the wheat field & long grass. Been having fun searching through all my green threads to find suitable ones. I love a bit of greenery.
Just finished the centre panel of the white quilt.
This week I’ve finished the main trees ( 🤞hopefully) & made a start on the houses. I have a little more to add to the tree line & start on the grass, there is loads & loads of grass.
Yesterday I finished another vintage embroidery transfer & added another embroidered tea towel to my small stash.
All the fabrics have been applied & I’ve tightened my embroidery frame. The creative embroidery fun part can begin.
The trees are finally starting to take shape, one more tree trunk to go! The tree trunks are made from a old gift bag handle I found while tidying up.